Please switch on your location information to use this function. You can find a nearest gym if you press this button.
Find your nearest gym from our lists! Including various kinds of gyms, located across Tokyo 23 wards. Let us provide you with reliable sources.
Japan … it might be an extraordinary country for you to experience.
We don’t want you to give up your fitness life simply because you can’t get to a gym.
This website provides you with the information for a variety of gyms in Tokyo, and whether there are English-speaking classes or not!
Our goal is to increase the numbers of gyms on this website by the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
1. There are strict rules about tattoos in Japan. You are expected to cover up your tattoo. If you can’t it cover up, you might not be able to enter the gym.
2. You can’t take a photo in the locker room and most of the gym area. If you want to take a video or a photo, you should ask the staff (They might allow you to take a video when the gym is closed for maintenance).
3. Bring your ID (passport)
4. Prepare a pair of indoor shoes. Separate outdoor and indoor shoes. Some gyms would lend you a pair of shoes for a fee. In the worst case, you might not be able to use the gym.
5. Don’t show up late for a fitness class. They will lock the doors. It would be preferable if you could arrive earlier.
6. Super-setting (going back and forth between two machines) is prohibited in most gyms in Japan.
7. Bring your own towel and water bottle. If you leave your towel and water bottle between sets on equipment, other people can't tell if someone’s using it or not.
8. You are expected to wipe off the equipment after usage. Usually towels are prepared for each equipment.
9. It is common that there are reservation systems for some cardio equipment and the time is limited up to 30mins. All you need to do is to write down you name, and time on a board.
10. In Japan, gyms close once a week or for a certain period. Pay attention for the closing date.
11. You are not allowed to talk on the phone in the gym area. However, listening to music using headphones is accepted.